Today, I discovered an app that is extremely useful for photography, specifically outdoor photography that involves the sun or the moon. The Photographer’s Ephemeris is basically a map-centric sun and moon calculator, it’s main function is to compute exactly where the sun and/or moon will rise in relation to your geographic location and give you a clear idea on how the light will fall on the land.
Some of the basic features include:
- Time and direction of sunrise and sunset
- Time and direction of moonrise and moonset
- Phase of the moon and % illumination
- Times of civil, nautical and astronomical twilight
- Graphical display on a map (Standard, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain)
- Plus MANY more!
I have not been able to download/test it out personally, but as soon as I’m able to, I will definitely return to this article and write a more in-depth review. Judging by the website and what others say about it in the Play store, I trust that this is a worthy app for anyone who needs help planning out their next expedition.
To learn more, you can visit the developer’s website, or download it at:
Google Play – $4.99
iTunes – $8.99
Desktop – Free