- Wayn – (Where Are You Now)… very large, I think over 20 million users.
- timeBlend! – List all the places you’ve been, places you want to go, connect with travelers and share tips.
- Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel by Rolf Potts
- How to Travel the World on $50 a Day: Travel Cheaper, Longer, Smarter by Matt Kepnes
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
Budget Travel Resources
- Momondo – Find cheap airfare
- Rome2Rio – Find the cheapest way of getting from Point A to Point B, whether it be by airplane, ferry, bus, train, etc…
- CarpoolWorld – Long distance carpooling!
- Couchsurfing – Be a freeloader. Sleep on local’s couches! I have not heard of a single bad experience with this method, and I’ve looked.
- HostelWorld – Don’t feel safe crashing on a random stranger’s couch? Not rich enough to afford a hotel? Find a hostel! I hear they can be fun.
- Airbnb – I hear this is a good place to look if your stay is gonna be longer, it can often be cheaper than a hotel, since you’re renting with locals. I’m not actively looking, but I’ve actually found options in Switzerland where I can actually stay for less than $500/month. (Living in Switzerland short term is on my list of things to do…)
- World Nomads – It’s cheap, it covers a LOT, and I hear they’re pretty good!
- PPA – Not exactly travel insurance, but insurance for photographers to protect their equipment. Probably very important for me to invest in later on, knowing how accident prone I am.
- 42nd Street Photo – Based in NYC. Some of the deals I’ve seen here are impressive!
Freelance Writing Platforms
This page is a work in progress as I will be editing it to include useful info/links I’ve found that I think will be of use for myself and/or others.